Having the World at Your Fingertips
The Kindergarten Adventure
Welcome to Kindergarten at globegarden – a time of adventure. Kindergarteners like to discover the world and its endless possibilities for learning: from microscopes and kaleidoscopes to making new friends while singing and painting. Our dedicated kindergarten teachers create places full of books, smiles and happiness. Our academically rich, all-day program with before- and after-school care, and parent-teacher conferences prepare children for first grade and beyond. Not all centers offer our kindergarten programs. Ask your center director for more information.
All-day and All-year Kindergarten
Our K1 and K2 kindergarten program, accredited by Swiss educational authorities, prepares children for entering school in first grade – at both public and international school – and beyond, with the skills and confidence needed for a lifetime of academic success.
- All-day and all-year program
- No school holidays
- After-school program included
- Small class sizes
- Team-teaching: English and German
- Enrichment programs, such as forest days, excursions, library days or gym class (dependent on the individual program of the center)
School Readiness at globegarden
The kindergarten curriculum recognizes that children will soon be entering schools that have clear expectations of child readiness. The curriculum is a comprehensive approach that challenges children and supports all areas of development, summarized below.
- Kindergarteners are fascinated by numerical concepts and mathematical thinking. In our kindergarten classrooms, teachers create experiences for children to explore the fundamental concepts of geometry, algebra and statistics.
- As children grow, their capacity to communicate becomes paramount to their interactions. Our teachers ensure children aren‘t merely memorizing letters and imitating sounds but also building vocabulary, phonemic awareness, writing skills and reading readiness.
- Enthusiastic, engaged and curious kindergarteners are poised for scientific discovery. Our teachers develop science and technology learning opportunities for children to make queries, test hypotheses, investigate properties, explore scientific phenomenon and make profound discoveries.
- Kindergarten students start to become aware of the world and their ability to make an impact in it. Our programs offer children opportunities to develop their emotional intelligence, citizenship and social skills.
- As children grow, their ability to engage in complex projects increases, paving the way for vibrant, creative and expressive artistic endeavors.
- Physical health and development are as critical to a child’s learning ability as any other area of development. Child nutrition, fitness and health are emphasized in our classrooms. Our teachers ensure children are engaging in daily activities that advance their understanding of wellness, nutrition and safety.