Our Response to Covid-19
Health and Safety Practices
In coordination with the greatly relaxed regulations for combating the Corona pandemic throughout Switzerland, we at globegarden are also adapting the obligation to wear masks in our facilities. In view of the still very high virus circulation, the best possible protection for the children in our care, for the staff and for you as parents is still our priority. At the same time, however, we want to do everything we can to return as quickly as possible to a state in which your children can be cared for as unrestrictedly as possible. This also includes that they can look unrestrictedly into the faces of their teachers. The new principle is therefore that employees at globegarden no longer wear hygiene masks from 28th of February 2022 onwards, unless they wish to do so for reasons of personal protection or out of solidarity and consideration for a team member who belongs to a risk group or feels unwell without a mask.
However, the obligation to wear a mask still exists
- for employees for five days after termination of isolation as a result of a self-inflicted corona disease;
- for employees for the duration of the isolation of a Corona-positive tested person living in the same household (e.g. a family member);
- if other adults are in the same room and, for the most part, no distance can be kept between them.
As parents, we ask you to voluntarily put on a hygiene mask when entering the day care centres for the short time of the visit. In doing so, you are making a valuable contribution to a safe operation. We want to continue to avoid cases of infection in the facilities as far as possible. This regulation is valid until further notice. It will be adapted to the respective situation or to the requirements and recommendations of the authorities.
The following protective measures are still in place:
- Health Practices: We have strengthened our cleanliness and hygiene practices (including more frequent hand washing; diaper-changing with gloves, frequently cleaning and sanitizing surfaces and items, shoe-coverings for visitors). Hand sanitizer are available throughout the center.
- Staff Wellness Checks: If a staff member feels unwell, teams are quick to screen for mild symptoms as well as raised temperature. Teachers who show Covid-19 symptoms must wear face coverings and must leave the premises immediately. They must follow official healthcare protocols regarding testing and quarantine until results are in.
- Child Wellness Checks: If your child does become ill during the day, we will call you immediately so they can be picked up as soon as possible. Should that occur, please be sure to pick up your child promptly for their well-being, and to help us limit the spread of illness. In case of Covid-19 symptoms parents must contact a physician regarding official health protocols.
- Sick at home: Please remember your child must be kept home if they display any signs of illness.
Please reach out to your center director for local protocols in your center and area, or if you any questions about health and safety matters. We are all in this together!
FAQs for Childcare Families: Responding to the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The safety and well-being of our children, families, and staff is our top priority.
What enhanced health and safety protocols are you taking in general?
We are following guidance from state and local health as well as childcare authorities to maintain a safe and healthy childcare environment. 94% of our teachers agree that protection and hygiene protocols have been implemented well by staff members, parents, and children. This includes restricted classroom access, frequent hand washing and cleaning and disinfecting surfaces and items in our centers. Our teachers build handwashing and age-appropriately learning about germs and Covid-19 right into their curriculum. Next to our hygiene, cleaning and sanitation protocols, our teachers are very sensible to how well children and colleagues feel throughout the day to respond appropriately.
What about emotional well-being of children with all these protocols?
Our focus is on the health, safety and well-being of each child, family, and staff member; this also includes emotional well-being. Covid-19 has put a strain on everyone, and children feel the anxiety we adults experience in this pandemic. Our classroom activities include age-appropriate explanations of Covid-19, a pandemic, recognizing emotions, showing vulnerability, empathy development and friendship building.
Will you stay open if there is a confirmed diagnosis in your community?
We have maintained our normal schedule in our centers for the last two years. The safety and well-being of our children, families and staff is our top priority. In any case of a confirmed diagnosis in the community (e.g. at the School of the Apprentices) however, we follow the guidance of state and local healthcare departments regarding contract tracing and quarantine.
What happens if someone at the school is diagnosed with COVID-19?
If a child or teacher at our center was diagnosed with COVID-19, we follow guidance from the state and local health departments, which include contact tracing, quarantine. In rare cases, a temporarily closing of a group of children may be possible.
What if my child does not have symptoms, but a family member has been diagnosed with the coronavirus?
We ask you to follow the guidance of the BAG.
Learning at Home
We understand the stress a quarantine puts on parents, and we are striving to support you as best as we can. One way our teachers are doing that is with fun learning resources you can share at home with your child or whilst home-based holidays. Get in touch with our teachers for their advice and the many resources they have created for families.
Looking for Immediate Care?
Are you a family in need of back-up care? Please contact our family services department at 044 536 55 32 or 043 243 06 49 for more information. Are you a major healthcare provider, hospital or employer of any other system-relevant field that needs back-up care for your employees? Or a healthcare industry worker with immediate childcare needs? We are here for you.